At LICI UK, we are dedicated to providing you with the best possible service at all times. However,sometimes things go wrong in spite of our best endeavours. Should you feel that any aspect of our business has not fulfilled your expectations, please let us know and allow us the opportunity to put things right. We also learn from them to improve our processes.
Your complaint can be made over phone on 08000 685 712 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also write to us at LICIUK, 49 Clarendon Road, Watford, WD17 1HP. You must mention the policy reference and the reason for your dissatisfaction and also the details for us to contact you back, if we need to, to resolve the issue.
How we deal with your complaint
- We will first acknowledge your complaint promptly following receipt, enclosing a copy of these procedures.
- If you make an oral complaint, our written acknowledgement will set out our understanding of your complaint.
- If we have reasonable grounds to be satisfied that another firm may be solely or jointly responsible for the concerns arising, we will promptly forward the complaint or the relevant part of it to that firm. We will write to you to confirm our actions and provide contact details of the firm concerned.
- Where we are able to resolve your complaint within 3 full business days following receipt, and this is to your satisfaction, we will issue a written summary of our findings and conclusion. If having received this letter you remain dissatisfied, you may refer the issue to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) who can be contacted at: The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR, Telephone 0800 0234 567 or www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk. We will also provide you with a copy of the Financial Ombudsman Service leaflet; ‘your complaint and the ombudsman’.
- If your complaint cannot be resolved within this time, we will ensure that you are kept informed of our progress with regard to the investigation.
- We will endeavour to send you our Final Decision Letter; addressing your concerns and providing you with our decision within 8 weeks or keep you informed of the progress if it is not resolved before then.
- If our investigation is still ongoing after 8 weeks, we will send you confirmation of this in writing along with an explanation as to why we have been unable to complete our investigations within this timescale. We will also give you an indication when you can next expect contact from us and a copy of the FOS’s leaflet above.
- At this stage, you will be entitled to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (see details above).
- If your complaint is regarding a pension contract, the Pension Ombudsman can consider complaints about the administration of personal and group personal pensions as well as occupational schemes. You have the right to refer your complaint to The Pensions Ombudsman free of charge. The Pensions Ombudsman can be contacted at 10 South Colonnade, Canary Wharf, E14 4PU, Telephone 0800 917 4487 or www.pensions-ombudsman.org.uk
- We will continue to investigate your complaint until we are in a position to send you our Final Decision Letter.
- If your complaint is upheld, we will provide you with fair compensation for any acts or omissions for which we are responsible, once you have accepted our decision.
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you can refer the matter to the FOS at the above address. Please note you must refer the matter to them within 6 months of the date of our Final Decision Letter. Further details about this will be confirmed in the FOS’s leaflet.
- We shall deem the matter closed when our Final Decision Letter has been issued or where you have accepted our earlier response.